If you saw my previous post on valid Flash embed while maintaining preload functionality and used it, be warned: when the user does not have Flash, a lovely
<![endif]--> will appear in IE where the Flash movie would normally be. The only way around it I’ve found is to actually duplicate everything from the opening
object tag to the closing one so there is one each for IE and Firefox. For example:
<!--[if !IE]>--> <object data="movie.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="725" height="235"> <param name="movie" value="movie.swf" /> </object> <!--<![endif]--> <!--[if IE]> <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="725" height="235"> <param name="movie" value="movie.swf" /> </object> <![endif]-->
Definitely a pain, but I’ve found no other way around it.
Also in my search for a solution, I discovered that our old pal Internet Explorer does not let you append anything but
param elements to